I was reading Atallah's when I found these words. انا لا أشكو، ففى الشكوى إنحناء و أنا نبض عروقى كبرياء by Kamel el-Shinawy. Can one really live without complaining? I don't know if we can do that. Someone always tells me that you should know exactly where to direct your complains. Don't waste your time asking homage from the servants, go to the owner. Go directly to the source. He would know how to help, otherwise it is a waste of time. I agreed back then, but still had problems. Now I don't agree, and still have the same problems. I tend to conclude that these problems are my destined luggage that I need to get rid of but they are deeply rooted in me. I had to take a dive down. And yes, there is Boss, who isn't really a Boss. P.S. Some of the comments exchanged down here are meant to be funny. Nothing personal. Please continue with the discussion. My pleasure.
Comments
These are only prayer-aids :-)
Mainstream religions, in their effort to draw flocks promoted this image of 'paganism'.
And why do you assume Meccans were different from those around them, i.e other Arabic tribes?
Kind of felt similar to me with people flocking by the hundreds to Paolo Coelho yesterday and loving anything he says, and people flocking by the thousands to Mohammed Jebril's Taraweeh, not to pray but to watch him (and touch him).
I am glad that someone else thought that M.Jabril's taraweeh was a phenomenan that is worth seeing. Maybe he is a great imam and all, but those who went all the way to pray with him say that they felt this and that, and that we should try him too..... Yes, sub-gods.
Alif, I was talking about Meccan in particular, because we have been taught that islam came with a radical change and ideologies among which was guiding these pagans who didnt know anything about the idea of one god. Now, I am reading that no, they were muslims who forget. Not muslims as of Muhammad Rasul allah, but on milat ibrahim. I didnt think about that before.
However, I don't agree if religion has the sole purpose of preaching that good and evil exist, but, in my opinion, to integrate with the whole system and be its masters in a healthy way.
(this was a comment by anonymous. I liked it but had to do minor modifications)