BREL

Unbeatable Brel. Found myself listening to his JoJo, over and over again.

My friends wonder why I like JBrel so much. He can be a little depressing. In fact too depressing. Well, I don't know. He is real to me. I mean, he does sing sad songs but it is so real. It is so him. Whenever I listen to any song I feel that he is speaking about himself. Putting himself, his sadness out to the whole world. That whatever story he is singing about, happened to him in real life. Makes me feel that I know my Jacques. My sensitive, sad Jacquie. My sensitive, sad Haal. When I connect with this me, I am more real.

Jojo,
Ce soir comme chaque soir
Nous refaisons nos guerres
Tu reprends Saint-Nazaire
Je refais l'Olympia
Au fond du cimetière
Jojo,
Nous parlons en silence
D'une jeunesse vieille
Nous savons tous les deuxQue le monde sommeille
Par manque d'imprudence

Six pieds sous terre Jojo tu espères encore
Six pieds sous terre tu n'es pas mort

Comments

haal said…
Welcome!

Really... What kind of mood?
Diablo said…
J'aime Brel aussi...
Anonymous said…
Like your taste in music.

You had a previous post for Helmut Louti and Aznavour, right? Great songs.

M
haal said…
Voices get me easily. I like sharp sounds, with a little bit of sadness. It is not out of wanting to depress myself, at all. It is just nice to connect with something real. I think Sadness is real. No one wants to pretend to be sad. Right?
haal said…
Sharp + sad voices= awareness .. to me.
Anonymous said…
Love violene(sp?)?

I do because of the sadness, sharpness you talked about. I used to take lessons when I was in the states.

'oud is also great. A little harder than Violene
Mohamed said…
Mae.. don't talk about 'oud.

I love 'anoun.. sweet sadness.
haal said…
oH Oh. Bunch of sad people here! What a good lot.

Violin is my favourite. 'oud, well, I tried but got bored.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
Breast cancer awareness items tenessee volunteer car floor mats Cat in ford Chysler floor mats motor car insurance quote

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE