FLATTERING

I am in the mood to be playful today. I had a lovely friday and it is reflecting on my mood. Funny this mood thing.

I was invited to attend E.'s, Z.'s diving buddy, surprise birthday party this morning. Since wednesday I was debating with myself whether to go or not. I felt a little awkward going there. Not because of anything other than the women/girls are a little weird to my taste. They are absolutely fine with themselves, but they are just not my style. At the same time, I wanted to go because I love the topic discussed there and the fun debates. They are lots of fun to be around. So I was between two desires.

Anyways, I asked my replica friend, Mae to help me with this matter. She was cool. She suggested that I send a message to Z. and tell him that I feel awkward coming, and wait for his reply. I did. I said to myself, if he encourages me to go, I will go. If not, then this is what I wanted and I can relax home. But I guess I was mistaken.

Z. simply replied back, 'Ok. I will let you pass on this one.' My reaction to myself was, 'what the ..... I expected some persistence, not OK! What is ok? I was pissed. Really. Typical me. I could have just relaxed with the answer, especially that it is was what I wanted from the start, but no. Very silly, Haal.

I decided to be playful. So I sent him a message, 'how flattering?' and waited for the answer. Cute Z., he called immediately exclaiming what does my message mean. I couldn't help but laugh and tell him that 'oh sweetie, because you are so understanding. I was thanking you.' He immediately knew I was teasing, and that I didn't like his reply. 'Women. Typical women. If you want to come, why not just say it.'

I think he is right. Partially right. I didn't want to go because I am so dead tired from last night, yet, had he talked me into going I would have done it for his sake. Could have just simply said so, but I have to feed my ego a little. Ended up starving it instead! But it was fun.

I actually don't like to go with Z. to every single outing. I prefer everyone has a free time by himself to be his own. Being with me all the time doesn't make me feel any better, and it is the same with him. I like this freedom, yet connected feeling. But I also have to feel that my presence is important. Normal to me at least!

Comments

haal said…
Cute! Thanks, Jasha! I imagine myself saying the nasty-ist things ever after taking these prozacs! I will be so relaxed and can't bite my tongue. Oh Gush, you want me to get a divorce or what :)

Well, the whole scene was teasing, playing thing that started because I was pissed of the neutral answer. you know, one always like to feel important and his absence affecting everyone.
Mohamed said…
'Typical women' indeed. Had he persisted too much, you would've given him a harder time.
Mohamed said…
Also, did you see how your replica is so straight-forward. I think that's cool.
haal said…
yeah, she is very actually. 'send him a message. get done with this business. no need to go in circles.'I had another post dedicated to her but I deleted it and wrote the results insead.
haal said…
Had he persisted, I would have gone actually. I was on the edge, so a little push would do.

So, I like this replica concept. Somethng like imaginary friend.

But seriously, I too think she is cool. Decent in her replies.
MoonLightShadow said…
'Typical Women'.. Ohh, Thank God, it's good to know that it's not only me who act in such a way.
Anonymous said…
Thank god, it is not only me then who acts this way. Moonlightshadow kaman is acting the same way.

Thanks!
Mohamed said…
I know I started this, but I wouldn't go as far as calling you a replica actually. There are some differences ofcourse. You're just amazingly connected and similar.

I hate this imaginary friend concept. You two are too spiritual.
Anonymous said…
Mohamed,
I am just exagerating. I find Mae really straight-forwad, decent and serious, of course from the tiny bit we communicated. I am just enjoying that someone says we are connected as a character. That's it. Imaginary friend is just a joke! Don't worry.

Btw, she does give good advice. Perceptive and ALSO playful. not easy!

Enjoy your friend

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC SHOP

ED DIDN'T SAY

CAN IT BE