*لا تسعني ارضى و لا سماي و لكن يسعني قلب عبدي المؤمن

I am trying to write what this hadith means to me, but don't know what or why I remembered it. I understand it. Sometimes. Only sometimes. Other times I do not feel it. Sometimes feel it is just words. Sometimes it sounds so cool. Sometimes I feel an awe for the honour. Sometimes I feel that God is a high mainteinance and I can not keep up. Sometimes not at all.

Not sure if I will attribute remembering this hadith to calling H. last night, whose father had just passed away the previous night. Not sure. All I know is that I just feel I want to have a separate post for that. I am just contemplating what triggered me. Is it the death thing or something else. WEll, it is not a clear either/or but a melange of both and I am more interested in the 'OR'. Death is sure something, but what it brings up is sure worth looking into.

*Exact wording is missing

Comments

ألِف said…
I can understand the personal experience you describe in the second paragraph, but it is the first paragraph what I completly identify with. I'm glad someone else has those ideas. Or is it just that only few dare express them?

What is it with this fluctuating relationship with sacred texts! I wonder.
haal said…
Alif, I think it is just that few dare to express them. You sure know how it can be seen as!!

'What is it with this fluctuating relationship with sacred texts'

Very intrigued and curious to know what do you mean by that sentence!
ألِف said…
Nothing more than what you already expressed. Maybe with a little sweet and sour (read humanity/divinity, with no respective order :)
Al Sharief said…
"Sometimes" the impact is nill & at the moments of harmonious "resonance" with the sacred text is the honrable feeling...

In a constant search for resonance, repettition, but only some times could increase the chance of achieving the wanted resonance ...

Attribute remembering or not , it is the trigger that is worth searching for.
haal said…
what is a sacred text? could it be just our own reflection that is sacred but we are too scared to call it so, thus invent a text and call it sacred? Just wondering.
Al Sharief said…
Our own reflection is an important part. Linguistics is another major. Believing is every thing, it is when the reflection realize that the stimulus with reverence.

It is when the Heart & the soul absorb key "words" then realize , assign ,hold, and cherish larger than life meanings. All the way to include the grandest of all, Al Mighty God when beyond earth & heaven could reside in a believer heart.

Scared of the sacred? Reflection or otherwise, is an extremly important & admirable observation. For sure worth noting.

Again it is amazing what a lingustic expert could help, it's only the position of the letter "a" that matters between scared and sacred..

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE