LAZY DAY

I didn't do anything today. I didn't even leave my room. The only activity I did was watering the flowers. I am staying in my room, listening to music and browsing through couple of books. I didn't even open the window, so the room is dark except of a small side lamp that I use for reading.

I invited my mom to eating Chineese food, from Peking. We initially planned to walk to the restaurant, very close to where I live. But she then decided not to. So we ordered delivery. It was still nice. Both of us relaxed. Eating. Drinking soda, and sharing the Chicken Cashew and Chicken Mushroom. I like that sharing part, and the quiet evening with both of us just alone. Actually we were listening to Farid al-Atrach playing 'ud. She didn't seem to enjoy it as much as i did, but she just shared silently. I kept pointing her attention to the nice tones especially that he was playing my favourite song, which I don't really know it's name. (Tan tan tan taaaaaa....) something like that. A little sad. Well, I have this habbit, like people to do things with passion even listening to sad stuff.

Now, I am listening to some good music. Matt Monroe, Edith Pillaf, Jacque Brel and Farid al-Atrach, since channel 1 reminded me of him. They all share one thing: good music with this subtle sadness in their voice and tones. Brel is their extreme. He was always depressed, sad, lonely, nervous, rebellious, and very senstive. Not sure about the Monroe or Pillaf. Farid, I like him especially his movies with Isma'il Yasin. They were nice couple with the great Samia Gamal, who was actually my uncle's neighbour. Small world!

I am not sure what to do now. I feel like sleeping. I haven't been sleeping well recently. Usually stay up really late, and waking up early too. Will see what will come up. A very quiet day, or maybe weekend. Everyone has travelled. Good. I need this solitude.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like your day very much. It brought a smile to my face; picturing you enthusiastic about your music as your mother eats her cashers and thinks: "ahh that Haal, she is still so excitable..."

Sorry to hear you are not sleeping. I am having the same problem. The bed is both to big and too small at the same time and it is too warm for the heavy blankets I usually use to help keep my body still.

Perhaps tonight...

Also, didn't know you like Brel. A Belgian friend turned me on to him. I had a tape once, but now it is lost, just like the friend.
haal said…
:) Brel is so great. Try to find the tape, and sure the friend.

I wonder what's with not sleeping properly! Something in the air I guess.
Zeke Tarsim said…
I was reading your "sexuality and body" post...but it seems i cant post a comment on it. i dont know why.

but i had a question for you: what is it about the toes? you didnt quite explain it but im really curious. are toes a sexual thing for you? why do you think that you are sexually vulerable when people see your toes?

im really curious.
haal said…
1)they look really ugly, very long. 2nd toe longer than the first. So nothing to do with sexually vulnerablity, on the contrary.

2)I never used to exposing my toes not even in my own house so it became 'something' that i am not used to showing. My father as I said didnt like to have us go out with our toes showing. So the message I got, toes are not proper to show.
Anonymous said…
Yes Haal, why can't we post comments on that "sexuality and body" post?! Has it got to do with hiding your toes (body) as well?

My second toe is longer than my first one too, but I'm fine with that.
Mohamed said…
Here's another commonality Haal, toes!

I don't wanna go into the character commonalities.

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC SHOP

ED DIDN'T SAY

CAN IT BE