FAITH QUESTION

This whole idea of 'Faith'. Losing it, mending it, pumping it. What is it? What/who/where is this 'Faith' that people talk about. Feel guilty when losing it, happy when reclaiming it. Faith in what? What is it aslan.

Moreover, if we assume we know what Faith thing is, the next question will be: how would we know we have faith. I mean, is there some kind of indicator that flags when faith arrives in the system, or when being in the state of having faith?!

I personally dont know if I have faith or not. Didnt really think about that before except for quick nanoseconds. The fact is, the same question will come back: have faith in what? In God I suppose?! Well, how would I have faith in Something that I dont really know. Hmm...

Longman defines the word faith as 'strong belief... not based on reason or proof', all related to the religious system and in connection to God. All religions are based on faith. Even opposing religions are based on faith. If faith can lead to false beliefs, what value can there be in faith? I don't know. But sure has a value. Still what is it though?!

Faith for me is a state that goes beyond yes and no. Beyond the do and don't do. In a mu space, where all definitions collapsed, where there is neither Yes nor No, either Yes and No. Yes and No confirms or denies a hypothesis. MU says the answer is beyond the hypothesis.

*Will elaborate later, maybe

Comments

Anonymous said…
Faith is whatever you decide it to be. You can have faith in God, faith in luck, faith in hope, faith in reason, faith in science, faith in your diet, faith in your car, faith in your friends, faith in the 'system', faith in your expensive laptop, or your expensive iPod or your expensive phone.

Defining faith based on religion is like defining the colour orange on the fruit - it is a rhetorical, self-serving defintion. Religion can be based on, gasp, belief, not, double gasp, faith. You can believe that there is an afterlife, but not have faith in it. Ana bakharaf rasmi.

When I lose 'faith' I lose 'faith' in me and my ability to be me.

Vain...Very Vain.
Anonymous said…
Faith is believing in something that you don't completely know or understand. Like Hellme says, you can have faith in anything.

If we're talking about religion. Faith, is believing in God, even though you don't see Him, and you don't have visual proofs of His existance (no one saw Him passing by). Its believing that God is good, even though all that shit happens in your life.
Anonymous said…
I dont have faith in my expensive laptop. I always feel it will crash, but it never did! But I am waiting that is why I am having backups everywhere :)

Yes Hellme, it is all about losing faith in me and my ability to be me. Very true. Exactly. And yes, we believe in different things but have no faith in them.

Mohamed, we do believe in God but we do lose faith in Him. And it is ok, I suppose. Partly because we dont know him, and partly because we created him in our logic. There is 'one illah' but multiple 'rab'.
Anonymous said…
Faith in sex.... does this count.
haal said…
Sure does count! :)

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC SHOP

ED DIDN'T SAY

CAN IT BE