DESPITE

...an active, full week I still feel depressed. Everything I attended seemed sad and portrayed a down spirit.

I went to Nasir Shama with Z. and some of his friends. They were super funny and easy going. The concert was great too. Very sad though. Even Nasir Shama played 'Moon Departure', a piece he composed during the peak of his life crisis. He said that this was the first time he felt like playing it in a public concert. He felt the audiance were ready for it. Well, he was right. The sad feelings sweep and take over the fake happiness people place on their faces. Moon departure was sad, so was the rest of his music. I needed that fondl-ing.

Before going to the concert, Z. and I walked to Safar Khan to see Stevenson's exhibition. The paintings' theme was 'the circus'. Interesting, I thought, but again a little sad. Most of the paintings were dark blue. Not sure why didn't she use light colours. The cairo effect. We also went to DAAR and saw 'Qahirun'. How a german and an egyptian viewed cairo. We both liked the egyptian pictures more. Egyptians rock!! Oh, yea yea yea!

Last night, I went with Z. to the 'diplomatic club' downtown. We were invited to dinner followed by a lecture given by a famous diplomatic figure. It was again around politics, elections, ...etc. I was not interested. Only one of the 'intellectual' attendants grabbed my attention. A serious, sarcastic young man, working through his PhD and a son of a famous egyptian politicians. He was the only one who dared to disagree with this guest speaker. Funny how everyone seems to be interested in politics and what's going on in the world, except me. I wonder why. I frankly think that politics is not the core of any of our problems. It is us, our socio-culture structure, the way we think, react, and deal with eachother that puts us in this glum situation. Oh well!

S. and A. are upset with me. I haven't seen them since we were in Alex. H. had a knee operation and I didn't even call to check. Well, it is an obligation and I am not in the mood to do so.

Plans for tonight. Z. suppose to pass by and go watch 'meet the fuckers', eh. Well, I meet real fuckers everyday, how insaine to actually pay money to meet virtual ones. We might end up not going actually. He didn't call until now, either because we had a mini clash this afternoon, or because we have to get ready for the fishing trip tomorrow. In all cases, they are logical reasons.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"I frankly think that politics is not the core of any of our problems. It is us, our socio-culture structure, the way we think, react, and deal with eachother that puts us in this glum situation."

Couldn't agree more Haal. All those demonstrations are a waste, unless we (the people and the culture, the ruler and the ruled) change.

That's why I like reading your blog I guess.
haal said…
i also wonder, mohamed, why artists portray egyptian as sad, absent-minded, fat, ugly looking, dirty nails, lost, black veiled women.... is this who we really are now. is this the new egyptian folklore.

what happened to egyptians? really.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» » »

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE