1452 SUPPER

So if Islam was not the religion, and Prophet muhammad invented everything and the koran was stolen from poetry, hinduism...etc as the christians now are trying to claim and exerting all efforts to dig this out, still what will make me take christianity? What is so certain about Christianity that is beyond debate that will make me choose it without any doubt. Nothing

They still eat biscuits and drink wine as a symbol of blood and body. They fast after this event for hours after they eat and are not allowed to get anything out of their mouth lest 'part of the body' gets out! PHEW!!!! Sounds like pagan times to me! I understand it is a symbol, but still, what is that!

If u are smiling and nodding...yes, we talk a little about islam and christianity.. I maintain a cool face and dont debate almost at all. Consciously diffuse talks away from islam..As much as i can I let him talk about his christianity and ask clarifying questions. Opinionless attitude (who does that better than me) and everynow and then pick on something he said and play. I cornered him actually when I wanted couple of times but I let him out of the hook quickly. I am for sure not interested in a debate. There is something that makes me empathatic that is so not my nature.

En bref, I am happy I get to know more about christianity because it makes me sure that if i'd pick, i wont pick it. It is so not me--too much miracles and myths for my taste. They claim it is about logic, and it is all greek logic and myths... full of miracles that is by mere definition, defies logic.

Thank God I am muslim. I feel good about my religion because it taught me to do accomodate those whose heart are still yet to open up to this complete religion that is beyond all man-made ideas and logic.

To the beauty of the heart.

Comments

Rain said…
it's so ridiculous really I mean why would you try to persuade someone about your religion by trying to "destort" the other one?? why not use "evidence" instead???

Like you said , thank GOD for Islam.
ألِف said…
"So if Islam was not the religion, and Prophet muhammad invented everything and the koran was stolen from poetry, hinduism...et" That would change nothing in my opinion. Islam, regardless of its divine origin or not, was a step forward for humanity at its prime time. Not the last step though. To me the issue is not "to take Islam or X"; it's what a faith system could possibly do to humanity and to us in this fucked up region which bears the burden of thousands of years of civilisation like what Islam did to those whom it inspired to create the great civilisation that was. Be that a revised Islam or something totally different, it doesn't really matter.

I used to think, like you, that Christianity is so "not it". But put into context it wasn't meant to be an independent, radical move as Judaism and Islam were, but rather an attempt to rescue a stagnant civilisation. Current forms of Christianity have so little of the original move.

But still, I admire those Christians - mostly western - who've gone beyond the question of whether The Scripture is gods words or not, and are instead getting of it as much as they can of what's relevant while not sticking to the literals. I wish Muslims will reach this point some day. I know other religions have been built this way from the begining, like Hinduism which you mentioned, while others don't claim to be religions at all, while they are as far as we know, since they are simply a way of life entwined into the nations existence.

----
What happened to your blog's feed? Did you disable it somehow? Are you requiring more "personal" attention that my robots - as a reader - can't provide :)

I hope this isn't too analytical for your taste too.
ألِف said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
ألِف said…
Look what came my way today - via a friend's bookmarks; annotations are mine.
haal said…
Alif alif, thanks for dropping by. I bet you are too busy with the revolution.:) no I didn't disable my feed. No intention for attention:)

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE