PRAYER

Say a little prayer for me. I dont know what that could be. I searched and searched. Nothing that my heart can accept, or accuse as fake. I do not know. I can not find a prayer I want to ask. All too controlling, practical, not me. Do not say what I feel now and then. Do not reflect what I am longing for. All my life. Been so for months. Until my mom called, telling me stories to support me. TElling me stories of my past. I sat in the park surrounded with thunder. Tons of memories came to me. And one thread linked them all....

I remembered my prayer. And it was me. 'Can I please die in the arms of whom my soul finds comfort in its presence.' When this happens, I will be assured that my passage to what is after will be eased because the shore has been reached and the destiny has been united, and the Me has been completed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you have to know what to ask? Is a prayer a request? Or is it just a presence? a state of being? somewhere you go and stay there? Avail yourself? "Man shghalaho zekry 3an mas2alaty 2a3taytoho khair ma 2o3ty al sa2eleeen." May be that's when Rahma and 3elm intersect? Remember that old question? May be ...
haal said…
It is a state of being that just unites the prayer with the praying; when you ask for a specific thing you know that praying is not about that....
haal said…
and yes, i sure remember. It was on friday when you smsed me about this. I published a post back then.

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE