10 Jun 2008

RELATION TO

This post was origianlly posted on November, 16th 2005 12:46.
He was praying at his hometomw, when he asked me this question after hearing the khotba. Was such an interesting question,that I posted about. We didnt pursue it much further.

My thoughts after 2.5 years:
Surat al-rahman starts with 'Al-rahman. 3alam al-koran.' Does this tell anything?
When speaking of al-khidr, they discribed him as zu 3elm wa rahma. Any thoughts
-----------
Original Post Friday, Novemeber 16th 2005.
What is the relation between al-Rahma and the al-'ilm? Thus to say, the relation between the quality of al-Rahman, and al-'aleem?

Rahman means most compassionate.
Aleem means most knowledgables in the absolute sense of the world.

Not sure what is the relation? Have to think about it.

5 Comments:

Blogger MoonLightShadow said...

I don't know, but first thing that came to my mind is al-Rahma is directly proportional to al-'ilm. Meaning, the more 'ilm the more Rahma.

Umm.. don't know, I don't seem to make any sense.

11/18/2005 01:45:00 pm  
Blogger Gayyash said...

Some translations of the Basmala are "In the Name of Allah the Rahman the Merciful", where the translators claim that Rahman does not have a specific translatable meaning. Of course, there are others that say Most Gracious Most Merciful.

I would imagine rahma (mercy) is in the name Raheem (Ever-Merciful), not Rahman. It seems to make more sense that way gramatically. But like I said, these are just my own under-informed speculations. Also I have no ideas for your question about rahma and 'ilm. Maybe I'll ask a friend who might know and get back to you.

beece.

11/18/2005 06:58:00 pm  
Blogger Nightlegend said...

May be because God knows every thing including the intentions of his creted creatures then he will be more merciful on them ,if some one makes a mistake without truly intending it then may god be merciful on him.

11/20/2005 09:57:00 am  
Blogger Rain said...

You said it all Night :) I was having same thoughts.

11/20/2005 10:34:00 pm  
Blogger pwnage said...

I feel I'm missing something here. What made you feel there's a relationship between these particular two names in the first place.

12/23/2005 02:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home