SMART VILLAGE

Wow. Never knew it exists until I saw it this evening. It is a huge 'electronic, IT, tech' village in Egypt built next to 6 of october. Huge huge huge. I am super impressed. I am not really into technology, but this village is impressive. Very hi-tech-wired place. I do not really know what is there, or how hi-tech it is, but it is very tech to me. Z. explained to me the 'technology stuff', which I did not get, but it sounds impressive.

Anyways, I went to this mansion to attend a reception with Z. I did not really get what this whole business was about. I just thought I was in wonderland. People talking about all sorts of things, and I have no clue what on earth are you people talking about. Totally off. People talk very well. Represent their ideas in the best english, and best phrases I could ever listen to. Thought for a while that I was listening to the BBC, business hour. I am baby compared to their presentation skills, how to engage the audience. Although, I as an audience, didn't really get what they were talking about, but still they managed to impress me. Oh well!

But again, the smart village is impressive. About time that Egypt does something perfect from A to Z. Finally. I hope no one will depress me and expose the cons. Seriously, don't disappoint me. If you know anything 'not good' please, just keep it for now.

Comments

The Sandmonkey said…
Don't worry, it is good from A to Z. How could it not be? I am involved in it!

hmm, me senses my egotism has reached toxic levels!

Must..become..humble!
haal said…
You should be proud of what you participated in. Seriously. It is almost perfect. I have to admit it.

What was your role? Dont tell me architect?... probably network designer, right?
MoonLightShadow said…
I haven't been into there from the inside.. I just watch it from outside.. saw some pictures, and heard a lot about it. And I'm already impressed.

I guess it's one of the best things Nazif did before leaving MICT.

I wish to work there.. Just wish me luck.
haal said…
What is MICT? Was this Nazif's stuff? TO work there as what?
haal said…
You might want to ask Sandmonkey for 'wastta'!
MoonLightShadow said…
MICT is Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.

To work there in a Software house as software developer.
Mohamed said…
Moonlight, so far there aren't any real software development being done there. More than 80% of the buildings there are MCIT's buildings, and all the rest are services companies (or non-development activities basically); Exceed Call Center, Alcatel, TE, Vodafone, Ericsson, Microsoft. And the incubator building is not incubating anyone but the MCIT employees.

It is a wonderful place though, that's for sure.
MoonLightShadow said…
:( No real software development!! leeh to2ly keda fi weshy.. :'(

Actually I had two in mind, one was IBM, though I heard they make an interview of about 5 hours (so it's out of my list).. the other was Microsoft(though I'm not very much for that)

W ba3deen ana momken atnazal and work in service companies :D ana mwaf2a.. shakly fi el a7'er will work in a company ta7t el selm wala 7aga :DD

And I could go there in my free time play football :D
Anonymous said…
Moon, I can definetely join you in that football game. Actually we can hang around in the cool buildings there, attend seminars, cruise in the nice palm streets too. That's the best thing there. They will have a hotel and a fountain area. 7aga to7fa ya3ny.

IBM is not in the Smart Village, they're in the Hazem Hassan Complex. No comparison tab3an, and they say it costs them more where they are. Can't imagine how that can be! You should go for them actually. They do good work, they're just a bunch of arrogant management. If you can stand that, then you'll be fine.

MSFT, what would you do there? Actually I heard Alcatel have plans to do some light development work, but they're not looking for developers yet. Your best option in the Smart Village would be Vodafone I suppose, they will have the coolest building over there --in Egypt actually.
ألِف said…
Cool buildings, disneyland architecture and the the village people :)

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC SHOP

ED DIDN'T SAY

CAN IT BE