REFRIGERATEUR

I just got the new refrigerateur yesterday and installed it as directed. My mother passed to check on it this morning and gave me the news: Fridge is not working. OUF! Why things can't just work. Well, she called the service and they will send someone tomorrow. Tomorrow I exclaimed. What the hack! Somenone told her that it is not working because it is tilted or something. Wehyat oumak! Tilted eih ya falhous enta. And the more funny thing that my mother said, 'yes, yes, it is tilted.' Tilted eih bass ya Ma!

I am in a bad mood actually. So irritated. This whole weekend and today too don't want to hear any noise or anyone talking. Just want to be left alone. I really am looking forward to move out, and have my own stuff and things placed and organized the way I like. Leave something anywhere and come back to find it in the same place. Read a book and place it on a the floor on certain page and come back find it in the same position. Hate it when they close the book and put it on the shelf for me. 'Leave the freeken book where you find it'. Listen to music without hearing the TV on from a distance. Sit in my room for days without someone nagging me over and over asking me questions.

My own family starts to irritate me. Not that they are doing anything to me, just that I am getting more opinionated and critical and I just can't hide it. They just do things in a way that I don't particularly like. Sometimes I remain silent, sometimes I just voice it, and they get upset and take it personal. I have to say the same things that bother me over and over. Almost everyday and still they will stop doing it for couple of days and then I back again to the same habbit. And then I say it again. Now my mom will have a different excuse. And...on and on. Endless loop.

I hate to wake up in the morning to find the TV on and someone watching the news. Silly, right? But this is me. I just don't like that. Hate to go out and find the stairs all dusty because the doorman decided to clean the stairs in the morning. Hate to find our neighbour putting a plate full of food for the freeken cats. What cats! Want to do it, place it next to your apartment, not in the common area. I hate cats, and hate to find dirt and garbage everywhere. Hate it when our neighbour puts the old newspaper next to her door, and now my mother is doing the same. I have to collect our neighbour's and our newspapers and place them in the bag and give them to the doorman. Not sure why my mother does this weird stuff.

We also have a horrible neighbour who lives in the building just infront of us. She is a major gossiper and watches people. She sits all the day in the balcony watching everyone passing and looks inside the apartments and share their news with her husband. Whenever I go out, she will stick her head inbetween the iron bars to watch me. M' emmene with her eyes from my building door until I drive my car. Not me in particular but everyone. I look up and she is staring. What the .....? Once I had to go visit her for some occasion and she just gave me the news of all the street. She can see everyone, grace a her strategic location, even what they are doing in the bedroom. Horrible. Horrible.

Comments

Anonymous said…
.."Somenone told her that it is not working because it is tilted or something".
ah, tell me about tilting and after sell service ,..to cut it short..it's gonna be your fault in the end..ha ha, enjoy
haal said…
He could say tilted or not, but my mother believed him! I was going crazy. And infact, she moved the fridge, made sure it is straight. Measured the distance to make sure it is upright. Very naiive. Will wait for the guy to come tomorrow. Will see what will happen.
Anonymous said…
well ,good luck.. just dont be surprised if it was really tilted ,cause i feel it is.
haal said…
I waited for the service guy to come. He showed up at 12:00 and left 12:05. He looked at the fridge, and said, 'I can't do anything about it.' I was like, 'why?'. He answered, 'Keddah. I will pass later tomorrow.' I looked to him and said, 'Ok. Get the fuck out of here.' and slammed the door in his face. Well, time to use the connection to screw the guy! Sorry to say that.

Over reacted...Well, yes. He was too annoying, had an attitude that pissed me off.
Alina said…
You were too nice to him, Haal! If something was wrong with my new fridge and the guy would make me stay home and wait for him and then do nothing and say he'd come back tomorrow, he would be dead! Or still be talking to the manager explaining why that crazy chick asks for her money back and threatening to go buy from the competition! :))
ألِف said…
Akhkh..Kayla...you don't get it:
The guy isn't interested in serving the company's customers; the manager doesn't give a thought of loosing a client, and there's no way a client can get his money back. Even if the merchandise is really defective while still covered by warrantee or has a manufacturing defect.

This is not a market, it's a charade!
haal said…
Alif, you are right. He didnt show any interest in serving the client. ZERO. I had to kick him out because he was irritating and arrogant.

I in fact, called the manager and he said he will punish him....etc. Not sure if this will happen. But anyways, I did call a relative of mine and he will take care of this whole issue and will make sure the service guy serve us better. You can't get any good business here unless 'you know someone.'
doshar said…
actually you were a bit unlucky, or may be we were lucky, i don't know.

we just got a fridge last week and it would not make ice and would get really hot, well we called the maintainance guy and he came and fixed it and wouldn't take any money either. the guy came all the way over to your place, i would think he really didn't know what was wrong with it or he would have fixed it at least for the sake of the tips!!

as for the attitude, just ignore it. if we get angry at everyone who is less than cordial with us we would get a stroke. kabbary demaghek.
Anonymous said…
I second Doshar's advise. I've tried the 'sream your head off, threaten to have amn el dawla investigate his ass and make a fuss' route, and I've tried the softly softly way, and although both work, I've found the softly softly causes less friction :)

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE