CAR NIGHT

I followed my friend's advice and spent a quiet night alone. Not talking to anyone. Looking at the sky. Counting the stars. The hours. The minutes. The seconds.

I came from work and took a quick nap. I woke up around 8 p.m. I just felt like going out. I washed my face, pulled my hair back, put on an old jeans, an old tshirt, and a slipper. I took a book just in case I felt like reading. I didn't know where to go. I certainly didn't feel like talking to anyone or meet up with any. So I drove around for a bit. The weather was actually nice, and for some reason, it was not crowded. What happened?

I chose a slightly quiet spot and parked my car. There was a nearby coffee shop that I could see from my car's side mirror. The coffee shop put the chairs and tables outside on the sidewalk, in what would roughly look like a parisian cafe. It was packed. I thought of going there, sit and get a cup of coffee but I would certainly look like a bohemian in the midst of all these dressed up girls.

I sat in the car turned on the radio. I kept searching for something light to listen to until I found Nojoom FM. I haven't heard it before but my friends loved it. Well, all I wanted was some light songs and light talks. I think FM stars would just do it. I opened the windows and the breeze was so refreshing. I just sat there from 9pm to midnight, listening to the radio and watching the few people coming and going infront of me.

At certain point, I felt so hungry so I waited until KFC infront of me was not crowded and I went inside to get an apple pie. KFC was turning on the same station I was listening to. So I didn't miss much. To my dismay, there wasn't any. Not sure if they stopped baking it in the first place. Anyways, the guy convinced me to get the new cinnamon bun. I got one for 3 pounds. I opened it in the car and it was like this tiny mini baked roll that I won't pay .75 for. Anyways, it tasted horrible too. But I ate it, and continued with the FM stars program.

The songs they chose were not that great actually. Ali el Hajar, Sally 3allah el naby, or something like that song. A song I never heard of. Plus a bunch of songs that I never heard of in my whole life. Didn't like it. But was ok. Everynow and then when the songs are really boring, I will browse around other stations in search for an old song. I found parts of Um-Kalthoum's song, Muharam fou'ad. I actually memorize all these songs for some reason. I like it when I do that and love it when my family and also Z. exclaime how, when and where did I memorize all these songs. I don't know either.

Around midnight, I drove to a local Shawerma place and got myself a Shawerma sandwitch with tons of Mikhalel. I love this pickles from this shop. I sat in the car and ate the sandwitch while continued to listen to the radio. Now, it was Usama Mounir show. A really sweet guy. He was talking about 'Nadam' or feeling guilty when you do something to someone you love and then regret it. It was funny. He is supposed to give advice to people calling. Hilarious.

I drove home while listening to the lovers confessions. All the callers were 18-20 years old females. They were calling to ask Usama for advice regarding their love life. You can tell that these girls are calling from behind their parent's back. They were whispering as if speaking from under the pillow. The 3 callers, 18 or 19, are in dilemma what to do and if they should wait for the ones they loved dearly. 'I feel like he is koll haga fee hayaty. El habeeb, el saheb, el ibn, el akh, el ukht, ......' said one of the girls. Another one said, 'ana moush adra atakhayal nafsee ma3 hadd kherouh. Ezzay! Da houb hayatee.' This particular girl had another guy proposing to her and she is in confusion what to do, 'ahakem alby wallah 3a'ily. El walad elly meta'demly ghanee gedan, markaz wee 3eyla....' And how old are you lady, 18, and he, 21!! What are you talking about. Seriously! The poor Usama was giving her advice asking her to wait for the other guy for another couple of years. It wont really hurt!

The coolest call was this girl, 19 years old, 'mesahba wee kedda' someone from university. They have been going out for 2 years now. For his sake she stopped talking to her guy friends because her boyfriend is jealous. Then one day she found out that he was talking to some girl from the Chat, sending her msg on her mobile and calling her. When she discovered that she asked him to stop his relation with this girl. He said, ok. But he didn't. The caller girl took the girls number and called her to 'STOP calling my sa7bee.' When the guy discovered that, he apologized to the 'chat girl'. What is that. Usama adviced her to never ever again do this 'calling the chat girl' again. Guys don't like to feel they are being watched or told what to do. Just be strict and ask her boyfriend to choose between her and the other.

Well, I couldn't risk missing one minute from the show, really. I arrived home, and I turned on the radio on my cellphone. I entered to my room and continued listening to the show. It reminded me a little with 'Nigh confessions.' but a little kiddish. Usama is actually a really nice. His voice is so attractive and the way he speaks is really friendly.

I woke up this morning only to find that I still have the cell radio on and the light songs keep playing. I sat in bed for 10 minutes listening to the songs and then off to work.

The refrigerateur guy suppose to come today. Hopefully nothing serious, and hopefully the problem is not the 'tilting'. We made sure it was set straight. Will see what will happen.

One sentence keeps ringing in my ears from the confession Usama's show. The girl's sentence in a really shy quick low tone, 'aoulak haga ya Usama. Howa koll haga fee hayatee. Ana baheboou awee.'

Comments

Mohamed said…
This Usama guy show is really unbearable. The gals love him until they see his picture. I think they just call to talk to him!

So how far did you get with counting the minutes and seconds? What a lousy advise, are you sure it was from a friend?!
haal said…
I think it was cool though. He sounds like a decent guy. I think I saw his picture before but dont remember. It is fun to listen to.

Well, there was no stars to count. Too polluted. Minutes and seconds and hours, I did count. My friend is an explosive master. He is responsible for all the infigarat that happens on earth.
Mohamed said…
Then maybe you shouldn't listen to that friend of yours lest something explodes in your face. I suggest you stay away from volcanos these days.

I can't believe you actually counted those. Did you see how time can be so slow, and yet we manage to lose so much of it!
haal said…
4 more days to count. Want to close my eyes and open it and it is Saturday.

Speaking of infigarat, I was putting a halogin lamp in the bathroom and it exploded in my face. I was so lucky the glass didnt get into my eyes. I really exploded..BOOOOOOOO. ALthough I took the old one to the electric shop, he gave me a smaller one and insisted that it was like the old one. I was like, 'are u sure.' , 'tab3an ya hanem. 3allah damantee.' Thank god my eyes didnt go on his gurantee. Not sure what is happening these days to me. Too much infigarat.
LouLou said…
Haal,

An explosive master?A demolitions expert?Are you sure your friend's name is not Osama Bin Laden?

Am getting worried about you!
haal said…
I am worried about my friend!
MoonLightShadow said…
I can't bear that Ossama Mounir show for more than 5 minutes. I even don't like the way he sounds.. The moment I listen to that show I feel it's either there is something wrong with me, or with these people.
Anonymous said…
Hi all
tks for your comments
I Love u all
Osama Mounir
osamamounir@expressmediaeg.com
info@osamamounir.com
haal said…
Osama,

I am fluent french, english and arabic. do you have any job vacancies? I have lots of ideas for shows and programs.
Mohamed said…
Haal, are you serious?! Why waste your talents on this silly show? I wonder if this commenter is really Osama!

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE