React

I sometimes react and answer sick remarks from my defense system; from my constant desire to protect my dignity; at other times to appear perfect, .... (fill in the spaces).

I do this mainly when I am not comfortable with who I am.

In the past, I used to wear my watch in my right hand, wear a certain ring, all as reminders to not react or act in certain ways. Sometimes it works other times not.

I think, from a very young age, I was conscious of my duality, and keen to know who I really was, away from all the tags my parents and circumstances labeled me with. I certainly lived up to their expectations to gain approval. However, later I hated my sucking up to them and went the opposite direction. Shattering one label after the other.

Initially during this process, I sometimes wondered if not acting in this or that manner, would make me disappear, or lose my identity that I came to be famous for? Eh! The fear of being Identity-less, and unknown, is far more illusionary painful than living with a false one. This process involves the death of the mind and its army. The most powerful enemy of all times.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How true.
To be a prisoner of your own image is to have the worst companion as a cellmate.

Do you like that I just made it up?
Perhaps I am funny and clever?

tee hee hee
MoonLightShadow said…
Wearing a special ring to remember things.. umm, does that work?! I wish it does.. Wish it works with me as well.

'I certainly lived up to their expectations to gain approval. However, later I hated my sucking up to them and went the opposite direction. Shattering one label after the other.'

Seems the same thing is happening with me.

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE