Coffee and Cheese

This has become my new favourite place here. I go to it almost every day. I get a coffee that  I never manage to finish or drink a lot from. It is coffee of the day. Normal brew. But I claim it is the best coffee of the day I have ever tasted. I love to just walk browse the selves and smell the natural aroma of the shampoo and soap section. Reminds me of Terry, my friend from Oregon who just won't use anything non-organic. 

Last time, June and I were just about to leave when a tornado started and the generous rain soaked us. It was great feeling. The rain drops were actually bulky and full-bodied. Close to their coffee. Of course the coffee got cold. I still put it in the car next to the previous ones with the hope that i will finish it later… something that I should by now realise that it never happens.

No matter how many times I share the experience. Share the large assortment of cheese existing. The coffee experience. It all falls on deaf ears. I initially receive no comment. And later I hear a question that shows that nothing of what I have shared resonates with him. So I stopped. 

I keep reverting back to this 'stopping' act on my behalf. Sometimes it feels I am revisiting my decision. Maybe I am. Maybe I am not. For sure I am not, just giving myself more evidence that I am taking the right decision. Pulling out more evidence of my need to proceed.  Convincing myself that it is time to move out and away. Time to be like before.

I guess I was much happier. Happier because of the emotional independence. Happier because on the long distance, there was once a hope and a longing to be together and what this aspiration bring. 

It brings nothing. It brings nothing. Added nothing. Only despair and anger.

Comments

Nag said…
I come here often, to read and to connect on some level. And I try to leave the place undisturbed, because I do not want to interrupt thought flow. I still enjoy your writing very much, and I still like it when you talk about coffee (and definitely about cheese).

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC SHOP

ED DIDN'T SAY

CAN IT BE