CRAB SEABASS

Over crab and seabass meal, we talked. Brushing through amalgam of topics. Disconnected yet smoothly connected. Deeply connected. I already cut down a promise to myself, that nothing is disconnected. I should not look at things separately. Every single thing is related. Well, this promise drove and still drives me crazy. I can not just separate and be cool about things. Deal with things on its own. Have to interconnect and in most cases over-read and with that comes the over-reacting. Over passionate. An assortment of 'over' on different level. Anyways, I am 'over' and this is who I am. Can not just be otherwise. Can not or do not want? Well, its my nature to be hot like that. What I can only tamper is my temper and over reaction. I can just be as hot as I am but be cool too. How? I have no idea. Maybe need to redefine 'indifferent'to myself. Give it a new definition to make it likable.

Anyways, we choose the best sounded dished. Crab and chowder (shubra) soup, crab cake with raddish sauce and an expensive dish of seabass with crab crust, with grilled vege and potato. The food came. We both looked at it. A sarcastic look. I quickly searched for the magnificiant seafood with the crab crust. Ah, this tiny dish over there? Ok. Baby seabass I guess. And transparent crab. But it tasted great. Only so very tiny for the expectation.

This place witnessed the first deep happiness a little more than a year ago. August, 2005. First time I went there to sit, was unplanned. I had couple of other plans with other people to go out and by pure chance were cancelled due to miscommunication. I called and asked if free. It was almost 9pm. And surprisingly, yes. Lets give it a shot there. I remember I wore a specific jeans and a red shoes. I was half hearted about going. Had tons of running thoughts, and wonderings. But I went. It was one of the best nights ever. I was introduced to Cigar. We together discovered our favourite sparkling water. I ate Leabnese mezza. So kind and sweet. Tolerant. Watchful and accepting. We just ate and shared. Was really great.

When it was time to leave, seems like we could not. Everything denied our departure. We got lost inside the building. We took the same elevator 4 times. Up and down. Lost and rotating in circles. We could not figure how to go down to the parking. Turns out we had to use 2 different elevators. We did not know. But we cracked. Laughed and laughed.

On our way home, just as our routes separate, I sent a message. 'Thank you. I have never laughed like this in years.' I meant it. Following the car in a distance, I wondered why we had to move separetly.

Comments

Alina said…
I've only once had an issue with elevators not taking me where they should. It was quite creepy in the end, as we (read two girls here) ended up in the top floor parking, a place reserved to some, empty and scary.
haal said…
so, Alina, what does have to do with my post! :) Are you sure you commented on the right post? Right blog? Wake-up!
Alina said…
The connection is: an experience that you described should yield some feelings and it ended up bringing other kind to the surface :P And also wanted to trigger a response maybe :P
As for waking up, sorry, too much reality for me lately, would rather continue sleeping :D
haal said…
No better sleep. World not interesting enough to be awake in. back to your comma.
Alina said…
Is there a way to go back? I lost it a long time ago, aparently...Don't worry, will comment differently in the future. You know me, and I can't help being me for too long! :P

Popular posts from this blog

ISLAMIC SHOP

ED DIDN'T SAY

CAN IT BE