HAAL

I am sick, have this subtle cold. Sleepy. Have been slacking around all day, throwing myself between coach and bed. Now I am petulant in the sense that I don't want to talk to anyone, or hear any noise. Want to be left alone. However, in less than an hour I have to head to a friend's house for some sort of a party. I agreed to go in one of these moments when I was feeling social. Actually the next moment after I commited, I started to search for other plans to break this one. Silly. Well, I hate parties, although the couple who invited me are adorable. But..... well.

So, what should I wear. The weather is confusing. I will go in jeans, what else can I wear. But have to decide on the chemise and if I should take a jacket....some girlie stuff. Plus if it is hot, I don't want to be sweating, and if it is humid I dont want to feel soaked. I hate this strange weather. Plus my hair is too straight for my taste. Looks like I am wearing one of Samir Ghanem wigs. Lots of complications. Plus the drive. Shoud I get them something. I don't even know. I didn't want to call lest they ask me to get something and then this will be an extra errand for me.

OUF. Really.

Ended up wearing black shirt, and took a black light jacket with me. Black x Black. I already dont feel comfortable with that colour.

Comments

Anonymous said…
GREAT food. Nice music. Interesting discussions. Thanks for asking.
haal said…
I am actually super sick now! My lungs are weezing, and cracking!
Mohamed said…
Salamtek. I am kind of getting sick too, have been getting sick for the last 3 days actually!

The weather is terrible. But you must've been exposed to too much smoke.

Do you always have interesting discussions in your outings kiddah. Ya bakhtek.
haal said…
Well, exposed to too much cold air. It is an old villa on an exclusive part of the nile in Manial. Next to the palace. One of these old villas owned by a syrian family who lived in egypt since the early 20th century. So you can imagine how awesome it is. The gathering was on the roof. And the wind started to pick up. SOme people smoked and stuff like that.

Not all the outings are interesting. Depends on the kind of people. But this group is mostly funny, and know some inside funny gossip. So... I just listen and watch people debate and expose their sources!
Mohamed said…
Well, you sure know alot of interesting people -1.

I hope you took something with you for them.

Do you usually interact heavily in those discussions, or sit on the sidelines to listen and observe?
Mohamed said…
and you say we have nothing in common!!
haal said…
-1, :) in fact, - interesting people.

So is this some kind of therapy questions. Well, it really depends on 1) conversation, 2)weather, 3) how I feel. If I am not enjoying the conversations in a big group, I just sit watch and put my phone earset pretending that I am talking to someone. I just talk to vent off. It is because I dont want anyone to talk to me. Sometimes, if the big group is of good friends of mine, and I am interested, I just tend to be super sarcastic and start picking on them.

I as a person, enjoy more small groups when it comes to connecting. 1 on 1, or max. 3 on 1. Of course if they are good friends. If I am stuck with louzy people in small group, I leave. I remember once I was stuck in a wedding of one of Z.'s friends with these silly people. I disliked the whole group who sat with on the table, So I excused myself to go to the bathroom, and I just took a cab home. Of course, it was a big fight!
haal said…
But this is common with 50% of the people.

I dont have problems connecting but I just have an attitude I guess. I am not easy to open conversation. Hate chit-chat. Hate to be politically correct. Hate to break the ice. In fact, prefer to have the ice thickens. DOnt mind sitting not talking to the person next to me. Dont feel like I have to do any effort. But sometimes, I pick on people who I dont know but who I feel they are interesting.
WEll, the other person's character does help too. But I hardly find people who I find stimulating enough for me to explore!!
Mohamed said…
Well, I am all of the above except this one: "Hate to be politically correct."

did u check the surprise!!
Anonymous said…
Salamtek Haal. This is my third attempt at posting a comment on this particular post.
Anonymous said…
Thanks Highlander. You are really very sweet. Seriously!
Mohamed said…
She sure is Haal.

Popular posts from this blog

WISH

ISLAMIC SHOP

CAN IT BE